Job Title Accounting and Finance
JOB OPENING: FINANCE MANAGER
Wells Oil Ltd is a company based in Western Kenya Region (HQ in Kisumu) majorly involved in the distribution and retail of petroleum, lubricants and LPG.
We seek to recruit a hands-on and result-oriented individual for the above position.
1. Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure.
2. Ensure by working in close cooperation with the Directors that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the financial decision making in terms of clarity on turnover, profit, costs and investment and forward planning.
3. Contribute to the preparation and implementation of the strategic plan including preparation of the annual budget, financial reporting at departmental & branch levels as well as establish, monitor and report performance indicators to various levels of management and the Board and forecasts.
4. Ensure formulation, implementation and review of branch and departmental plans in line with the company objectives/strategy and the present challenges.
5. Prepare monthly/quarterly/annually short- and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties as well as co-ordinate and guide Senior Management and Head of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of departmental/branch annual budgets and consolidate the same into a budget.
6. Timely preparation of management financial reports and preparation of annual financial statements and coordinate external audits.
7. Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
8. Set vigorous internal control systems and ensuring compliance to the system.
9. Maintain records to meet legal and liaise with relevant authorities to ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
10. Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting. Ensuring accurate and timely cash flow reporting and management and oversee timely settlement of accounts receivable and payments of trade/capital and operational expenses.
11. Identification, management and mitigation of financial risks.
12. Build in control systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget, preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management and statutory accounts.
13. Implement capital expenditure projects and asset acquisitions and maintain an up-to-date asset register.
14. Design and manage the implementation of effective point of sale systems for proper receiving and recording of daily sales revenue.
15. Maintain, develop and update financial policies and procedures manual for the finance department and drive compliance.
16. Provide leadership and mentorship/coaching among others by overseeing goal setting, monitoring, review of performance and feedback to the finance team and to the rest of the company on any matters of finance.
17. Provide insights on the financial health of the organization and measure returns on investments.
18. Evaluate and advice upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, ventures.
19. Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must be a certified accountant and member of ICPAK.
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- Strategic planning experience at the management level.
- Problem solving abilities along with solid analytical skills, understanding of business process and systems optimization.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting.
- Ability to review data and make relevant management decisions.
- Strong financial system and business administration understanding.
- Creative and critical thinking
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in computer skills including financial management software and MS suite.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your application and detailed CV only to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Wells Oil Ltd,
P.O Box 3936 40100
OR Email – email@example.com (Subject –Finance Manager)
Application deadline: 15th January 2021
Pay Indicator ksh 80,000
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.