Job Title Manufacturing
Category Manufacturing Engineers
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. Thats why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Head of General Accounting & Tax is leading the accounting department of Henkel Kenya and thereby ensures overall compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and Henkel"s policies and procedures, especially the Corporate Standard of Accounting (CSA).
- Leads the external financial closing and reporting process in line with the relevant accounting standards and as per Henkel requirements in terms of quality and deadlines.
- Takes full ownership for the successful preparation of the local annual financial statements and manages the external year-end audit.
- Oversees day-to-day accounting operations and independently implements and executes accounting related internal controls and process enhancements.
- Pro-actively drives and participates in accounting related projects on a local and regional level.
- Conducts regular financial analyses and balance sheet reviews to ensure the integrity of the trial balance and communicates with local, regional and global stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner on accounting topics.
- Ensures full compliance with the local tax legislation and provides expert advice on the tax implications of business and finance projects. Manages the relationships with tax consultants and other professional service firms.
- Bachelor Degree in the area of Accounting, Finance and/or Tax
- CPA(K) or equivalent professional accounting qualification.
- More than 10 years work experience gained within Big Four audit firm and multinational corporate environment in the areas of General Accounting & Tax.
- Strong expertise in FMCG and/or Industrial sector is an additional asset.
- Previous track record in team management is essential.
- Soft skills: Collaboration and teamwork, communication, complex problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, critical & systematic thinking, conflict management, analytical skills, integrity.
- Advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with accountings systems (SAP).