Job Title Procurement Officer
Category Procurement Clerks
Supply Chain & Procurement
Supply Chain & ProcurementNairobi|Full TimeHospitality & Hotel|KSh Confidential 21m
Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs. Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
● Secure products and services at the best possible pricing without compromising on quality or service
● Consolidate purchases to achieve maximum economic benefit
● Forge close relationships with Head of Departments, Management and Directors across the restaurants and support office
● Liaise between suppliers and units to ensure their needs are being met
● Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
● Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service and product provided
● Produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
● Ensure the company’s purchasing systems are up to date with products and pricing to facilitate its smooth operation at restaurant level
● To select suppliers after having thoroughly researched and investigated all factors in terms of quality, quantity, price, time and continuity, as well as providing an effective back-up service to deal with supplier problems, researching their background, establishing their credentials and their standing in the industry regarding their ability to match price and maintain deliveries.
● To visit suppliers’ premises so that the quality of their products can be verified, also gaining visual proof of their operating standards.
● To negotiate the terms of the agreement fairly, considering price, quality and continuity of supply.
● To maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them
● To maintain up-to-date records of all suppliers, their products and price lists, with appropriate comments.
● Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or other related field.
● Being a member of KISM is an added advantage.
● 2 to 5 years as a procurement officer, preferably in the hospitality industry
● Experience using a procurement system
Important Safety Tips1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.