Job Title Software Engineer
Category Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
Software & Data
Software & DataNairobi|Full TimeBanking, Finance & Insurance|KSh Confidential 23m
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Team and build out the next generation of our financial platforms.
Aropsaid is an innovative Financial technology company with the Vision to make access to credit more equitable and more widely available. We use data analysis to develop credit risk models, to better price risk, lower the cost of financing for borrowers, and support job creation, financial inclusion, increase mobility and strengthen African transport and logistics networks.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Team and build out the next generation of our financial platforms. We need enthusiastic, self-motivated players who are excited about a fast-changing, lean-company environment and who will relish the chance to have a direct impact. A high standard of excellence and professionalism, and a passion for customer satisfaction are necessary.
If you're excited to be part of a team challenging the status quo, Aropsaid is a great place to exponentially grow your career. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical solutions and infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
As a qualified software engineer, you will be glad you applied to
• Executing full lifecycle application development
• Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
• Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
• Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
• Protect IT operations trade secrets by keeping information confidential.
• Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
• Providing written knowledge transfer material
• Perform in a development operation and an infrastructure operations role as needed.
• Maintain disciplined change management procedures for all environments and tools.
• Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Understanding of system architecture and systems documentation
• Setup, configuration and management of third party SaaS Software suites
• Ability to build APIs
• Evaluate and improve current system functions
• Involved in systems administration including general support, upgrades, software installations and license management.
• Hosting set up and management.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or Diploma in IT with a Distinction
• Demonstrable Solid, hands-on experience or command of any programming language
• Added advantage:
o Proven working experience in a fast-paced private company
o Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
o Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
o Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
o Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
• Ability to work together with teams from several countries and organizations to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
• Impeccable integrity (Thorough background checks to be done)
• Team working skills
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to “troubleshoot” issues
• Strong analytical skills
• Communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Resilience and the ability to adapt to different situations.
• Highly competitive remuneration
• Health Insurance
• Flexible working hours and environment
• Personal Development Fund
How to apply.
• If this role relates to you, and embodied with the necessary qualification and experience, send your resume and a short description of what you intend to enrich our team on the email subject.
Important Safety Tips1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.